Heat Exchanger Design Inc. - Double Pipe Heat Exchanger, Multitube/Hairpin Heat Exchangers
HED offers more variety of hairpin type exchangers than any of its competitors.
Double-pipe: Available in bare and finned tubes
- Multi-tube: Available in bare, finned tubes, and low fin tubes
- Separated head closure: For high pressure / temperature applications with removable tube bundle and independent bolting for highly corrosive services
- Rod-Through type: For applications with severe fouling on shell / tubeside with straight-tube removable bundle and built-in thermal expansion construction and removable channel cover for easy maintenance
- "A" type channel: For ease of cleaning without disconnecting the piping
- Tubes with Core design: For low flow rates or viscous stream applications to enhance tubeside heat transfer
- Fixed tubesheet design: For clean services at high pressure / temperature at lower cost.
- The sizes are from 1 1/2" to 20" OD, with pressure rating from full vacuum to over 10,000 psi.
Hairpin exchangers provide true counter-current flows, and are specially suitable for extreme temperature crossing, high pressure, high temperatures, and low to moderate surface area requirements. The surface area ranges from one square foot, to 6,000 square feet.